シラバス － 英語(455)
- 科目名Subject Name
- 馮 書穎
- 履修年次Standard Year for Registration
- 実務経験のある教員等による授業科目Taught by instructor(s) with practical experience
授業の到達目標Objectives to be Attained
(1) Students’ English vocabulary and English reading skills should improve.
(2) Students’ understanding of basic English grammar should improve.
(3) Students should be able to handle communicative situations in English more confidently and effectively.
(4) Students should be able to use their knowledge and skills to analyze English writing and to write short English passages with practice.
授業の概要Method of Instruction
In our class we will improve our English reading, writing, and communicative skills and develop our critical thinking through active reading and writing. We will read a variety of English writings that introduce cultures and stories from around the world. We will improve our English vocabulary, grammar, listening and reading comprehension, and our ability to write short English passages. And we will do all this in English in this class.
事前・事後学習、時間等Study Required outside Class(Preparation, etc.)
Students must do their homework after class, which mainly focuses on reviewing the previous lesson and preparing for next week’s class. (7割）
Students must complete and submit on time their writing assignment when there is one. (3割）
- 1回目Session 1
- Course overview
- 2回目Session 2
- Unit 1. Lifestyle: reading and grammar: (a) simple present (b) adverbs and expressions of frequency (c) simple present and present continuous
- 3回目Session 3
- Unit 1. Lifestyle: vocabulary, listening, and writing
- 4回目Session 4
- Unit 2. Competitions: reading and grammar: (a) modal verbs for rules (b) -ing form
- 5回目Session 5
- Unit 2. Competitions: vocabulary, listening, and writing
- 6回目Session 6
- Unit 3. Transportation: reading and grammar: (a) comparatives and superlatives (b) as … as (c) comparative modifiers
- 7回目Session 7
- Unit 3. Transportation: vocabulary, listening, and writing
- 8回目Session 8
- Review: Units 1-3
- 9回目Session 9
- Unit 4. Challenges: reading and grammar: (a) simple past (b) past continuous and simple past
- 10回目Session 10
- Unit 4. Challenges: vocabulary, listening, and writing
- 11回目Session 11
- Unit 5. The Environment: reading and grammar: (a) quantifiers (b) articles: a/an, the, or no article
- 12回目Session 12
- Unit 5. The Environment: vocabulary, listening, and writing
- 13回目Session 13
- Unit 6. Stages of Life: reading and grammar: (a) infinitive forms (b) future forms: going to, will, and present continuous
- 14回目Session 14
- Unit 6. Stages of Life: vocabulary, listening, and writing
- 15回目Session 15
- Review: Units 4-6
[Title] Life Combo Split 3A, 2nd Edition
[Author(s)] John Hughes, Helen Stephenson, Paul Dummett, and David Bohlke
[Publisher] National Geographic Learning
課題の種類・内容Homework, Exercises, etc.
Our homework will mainly focus on reviewing the previous lesson and preparing for the next class. We will also have some English writing assignments irregularly. When we do have an English writing assignment, students should make sure that they complete and submit their assignments on time. We will also have random pop quizzes in class.
10% Your efforts in class
20% Writing assignments
30% Pop quizzes
30% Final examination
Students who are frequently absent may fail this course, because the teacher cannot evaluate their homework, short quizzes, writing assignments, or efforts in class.
* TOEIC IP テストのスコアを授業評価に反映する。評価方法は、初回授業時に配付する表に記載のとおりとし、非受験者は講義評価から１段階下がる。
To pass this course, students should always do their homework, prepare for their next lesson, arrive to class on time, stay awake and focused in class, and be ready to participate in all classroom activities. We will do a lot of English reading in and out of the classroom, so students should prepare a dictionary to help them better understand the English vocabulary and texts.