シラバス － 英語(401)
- 科目名Subject Name
- 履修年次Standard Year for Registration
- 実務経験のある教員等による授業科目Taught by instructor(s) with practical experience
授業の到達目標Objectives to be Attained
In this class students improve these four English skills: speaking skills, listening skills, reading skills, and writing skills. The teacher conducts the class in English.
授業の概要Method of Instruction
Each week, students will watch or listen to a presentation on a topic from their course textbook. After each presentation, students will have short discussions. In these short discussions, students will ask and answer questions and give opinions about the topic in pairs or groups. After the short discussions, students will study vocabulary and important grammar from the presentations (language study). After language study, students will discuss how the topic relates to the student’s own life. Extra study or discussion materials will be provided by the teacher on Moodle. There will be online homework most weeks. The teacher will inform students about the details of the online work in Weeks 1 and 2 of the course.
事前・事後学習、時間等Study Required outside Class(Preparation, etc.)
Most weeks, students will have two types of homework: (1) LESSON PREPARATION homework and (2) LESSON REVIEW homework.
The LESSON PREPARATION homework helps students to get ready for the next week lesson. This homework includes reading about the next lesson topic, studying vocabulary students should know before the next lesson, and preparing their ideas for the classroom discussions they will have in the next lesson.
The LESSON REVIEW homework is online. This homework reviews what students studied before in the previous classroom lesson.
HOMEWORK TIME: About 1.5 to 2 hours (LESSON PREPARATION homework = 45 to 60 minutes; REVIEW QUIZ homework = 45 to 60 minutes).
- 1回目Session 1
- Course Introduction and explanation of online homework systems (Moodle and MyLife Online).
- 2回目Session 2
- Self-Introduction lessons: Chance for students to get to know each other and teacher. Preparation homework for Lesson 3 (Textbook units 1a and 1 b)
- 3回目Session 3
- Textbook Units 1a and 1b (‘Learning from the Past’ & ‘What makes us who we are’)
- 4回目Session 4
- Textbook Units 1 c, d, e (‘How did you get into that?’ + Language study)
- 5回目Session 5
- Units 2a and 2b (Topics: discussing jobs and hobbies)
- 6回目Session 6
- Units 2 c, d, e (Topics: Discussing student’s hobbies and jobs aspirations)
- 7回目Session 7
- Units 3a and 3b (Topics: Living spaces [better and worse places to live]).
- 8回目Session 8
- Units 3 c, d, e, f (Expressing opinions related to topics in Units 3a and 3b)
- 9回目Session 9
- Units 4a and 4b (Topics: Inventions that solve problems or make life easier or better)
- 10回目Session 10
- Units 4 c, d, e, f (Topics: Students propose solutions to problems)
- 11回目Session 11
- Units 5 a and 5b (Topics: Travel experiences)
- 12回目Session 12
- Units 5 c, d, e, f (Topics: Learn how to tell anecdotes)
- 13回目Session 13
- Units 6 a, 6b, 6c (Topics: Health, exercise, and beauty)
- 14回目Session 14
- Units 6 d, e, f (Making proposals and evaluating proposals)
- 15回目Session 15
- Review Lesson and end of course activity.
[TITLE] Life 6A Combo Split 6A with App and MyLife Online
[Authors] Paul Dummett, John Hughes, Helen Stephenson
課題の種類・内容Homework, Exercises, etc.
(a) 30% Lesson preparation homework
(b) 35% Classroom participation
(c) 35% Review Homework
There is no end of term examination (no ‘Teiki Shiken’) during the official examination period.
There will also be no reexamination (no ‘Sai Shiken’) in this course.
LESSON PREPARATION homework will be submitted using Moodle. Students must submit ALL the lesson preparation homework activities by the deadline (deadlines will be on Moodle) before the start of lesson. Students who miss the homework deadline will get a ZERO SCORE for that homework.
CLASSROOM PARTICIPATION. Students must come to lessons every week. ‘Classroom Participation’ will include helping other students with answering textbook questions, asking questions, answering questions, and sharing opinions when having group or pair discussions. Students who do not participate well or who make it difficult for other students to learn will lose points.
LESSON REVIEW homework are online quizzes. BUT this homework will be online, open-book (you can use your textbook and dictionary), and easy for students who come to class and participate in the lessons. There will be no makeup quizzes. Students who miss a quiz will get a zero for that quiz.